Italy: Raffaello South & Florence
Enjoy the freedom of an independent tour without having to make all of the arrangements yourself! Our brand new, semi-independent Mosaic Tours let you see the best of Italy’s biggest cities at your own pace while still giving you structure.
- Picture you and your family in Sorrento, or you and your church on a visit to the Vatican City, or maybe a romantic time at the Blue Grotto in Capri…which do you prefer?
- 3 Nights hotel in Rome BB
- Half-day regular city tour of Rome
- Pick up and Transport to train station in Rome
- High-Speed Train Tickets Rome – to Florence
- Guided tour performed by professional local guides
- Entrance tickets to Uffizi Museum
- 2 nights in Florence BB
- Pick up at the hotel and transfer to the rail station in Florence
- High-Speed Train Tickets Florence to Rome
Raffaello South & Florence – 9 days / 8 nights – Round Trip Rome to Rome
- Day 1 – Rome: Benvenuti a Roma! After you touch down at the airport, make your own way
to your hotel. Check in and enjoy your first day in Italy.
- Day 2 – Rome: After breakfast at your hotel, spend the morning strolling around Rome’s
streets and monuments at your leisure. Between 7:45-8:00pm, depart from the hotel to
explore this famous city. Enjoy a relaxing panoramic tour of Rome and discover the magical
charm of the most famous monuments illuminated at night (Trevi Fountain, Roman Forum,
Circo Massimo, Colosseum, and Lungo Tevere). Have a nice walk around the Trevi Fontain
and Trastevere. Return to the hotel for overnight.
- Day 3 – Rome: Rise and shine for an early breakfast at your hotel and a tour of the Vatican
Museum and Galleries (pick up time is 7:45am during low season and between 6:30 – 7:00am
during high season). On the tour, you will see the famed Sistine Chapel and Raphael’s rooms.
Spend the rest of the afternoon making Rome your own and then return to the hotel for an
- Day 4 – Rome / Naples / Pompeii / Sorrento: After breakfast at your hotel, a coach bus will
depart at 6:45am, taking the “Sun Highway” through the regions of Lazio and Campania,
where you will see a picturesque view of the Abbey of Montecassino. Upon arriving in
Naples, you will go on a short panoramic city tour, seeing sights such as the Mergellina
neighborhood, Castel dell’Ovo, Plebiscito Square, the Royal Palace, Maschio Angioino, and
the port. Have lunch in a restaurant en route to Pompeii and then visit the excavations of
the famous Roman city, destroyed by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D. Leaving
Pompeii, you will drive along the Sorrentine Coast, arriving in Sorrento for dinner and an
overnight in your new hotel.
- Day 5 – Sorrento / Capri / Rome: Enjoy breakfast at your hotel and then board a boat for
the island of Capri at 8:30am. Upon arrival in the port of Marina Grande, you will enter the
famous Blue Grotto in a small rowboat (weather and sea conditions permitting). After lunch,
roam the island at your own pace. Return to Naples and continue on to Rome, where you
will check in to your new hotel for the night.
- Day 6 – Rome: Spend a leisurely morning eating breakfast at your hotel and then exploring
Rome. Make your way back to your hotel for one last overnight in Italy’s capital city.
- Day 7 – Rome/Florence: Pick up from hotel at 6:45am for a transfer to the train station.
Depart by train at 8:50am and arrive in Florence, where you will take in the sights around
the city with a visit to the Duomo, the Baptistery with the bronze doors by Ghiberti, Giotto’s
bell tower, the Uffizi Gallery (inside), and Piazza della Signoria. After lunch, spend the
afternoon exploring the “cradle of the Renaissance” on your own. Transfer to your hotel for
an overnight stay.
- Day 8 – Florence: Venture out into Florence on your own after breakfast at your hotel,
buying jewelry on the Ponte Vecchio, wandering through the Boboli Gardens, and strolling
along the Arno River. If you’d rather take a day trip to nearby Pisa or San Gimignano, you
may book a separate excursion. Return to your Florence hotel in the evening.
- Day 9 – Florence/Rome: You will have all morning to eat breakfast at your hotel and grab
some last-minute souvenirs. In the afternoon, at the designated hour, head over to the
Florence train station for a ride on the rails to Rome, where our services will conclude.
Please give TravelKatz a call at 352-277-7300 and we will help you plan your next vacation to Italy.