Silent Night Music Festival
Celebrating and commemorating the 200th Anniversary of the most beloved Christmas Carol. Walk the streets of the country side and towns during this winter wonderland tour. Experience Christmas in Europe like never before! After all we are celebrating the anniversary of a favorite Christmas Carol at that time of the year! The concert at Oberammergau is just the icing on the cake. Won’t you join us on this unique trip in December, 2018?
Silent Night Music Festival
December 2018 will mark the 200th anniversary of the world’s most beloved carol. In celebration of the first performance of Silent Night, choirs from all over the world will be invited to Germany and Austria to perform on this historic anniversary.
Oberammergau Germany, along with Salzburg and Oberndorf Austria, will host performances as part of the Silent Night Music Festival. The event will take place during the magical Christmas Season in Bavaria when Christkindlesmarkts come alive with holiday cheer! The dates for festival will be December 2-9, 2018, and will be your opportunity to hear performances on this unforgettable occasion.
The experience will include incredible performances on stage at the Passion Play Theater in Oberammergau, in addition to feature concerts among the Christmas Markets in Salzburg, Munich and other parts of Germany and Austria. You will also visit some of the most historic and culturally enriching sites in all of Europe.
Commemorating 200 Years of the world’s most beloved Christmas Carol, The Itinerary is:
December 2, 2018: Overnight flight
- Overnight flight from your local airport – Meals on the plane
December 3: Salzburg
- Upon arrival at the airport you will be welcomed by your tour manager. Board a luxury motor coach and transfer to Salzburg.
- Afternoon arrival – check into hotel. Orientation walk of Salzburg.
- Welcome dinner and overnight Salzburg.
December 4: Salzburg
- A winter morning guided city tour of Salzburg passing main sights and focusing on Silent Night sites including visit of Mozart Birthplace OR Salzburg Museum – You will see the Salzburg Cathedral in which Mozart was baptized and Joseph Mohr was baptized just hours after he was born. See the Steingasse, where Mohr grew up with his mother and three siblings; he attended the seminary on Makart Square. He also attended the Academic High School, now housing the University of Salzburg with its newly renovated Large Auditorium. Joseph Mohr’s autographs, proving that he wrote the poem “Silent Night” during his tenure as a cooperator in Mariapfarr, was not discovered until 1996 and is now on display at the Salzburg Museum.
- Afternoon visit of Hohensalzburg Fortress including funicular, dominating the city and its Old Town. Surrounded by walls and dotted with towers and battlements, Festung Hohensalzburg is one of the largest and best-preserved castles in Europe.
- The fortified castle was built in 1077, from its lofty position protecting Salzburg, with beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. Take a guided tour around the palatial state rooms, Gothic chambers, lookouts and museum collections
- Group dinner and overnight Salzburg.
December 5: Salzburg
- Today full day Silent Night 200 years celebration – Festival
- Visit Silent Night sites optional per below (motorcoach will be available for the day)
- Afternoon gather in Oberndorf for a special celebration of 200 years of Silent Night.
Silent Night sites in area of Salzburg:
- Arnsdorf: Franz Xaver Gruber’s schoolhouse and workplace, Museum and Pilgrimage Church with carillon
- Oberndorf: Gruber/Mohr Memorial Chapel where the carol had its world premiere, special Silent Night post office, the Silent Night Museum in the Bruckmann House
- Mariapfarr: Silent Night Museum with nativity scene, replica of “The Mohr Room” and the Pilgrimage Church
- Wagrain: Joseph Mohr Memorial Organ in the Parish Church, Silent Night Room in the Waggerl House and Joseph Mohr’s grave
- Hallein: Silent Night district with Museum and Gruber’s grave at the Parish Church
December 6: Oberammergau
- Breakfast at your hotel. This morning, enjoy some free time Salzburg
- Transfer to Oberammergau – 2 ½ -3-hour drive. Possible stops en route.
- Group dinner at local restaurant and overnight Oberammergau.
TravelKatz will be happy to help you and your group plan this journey to Germany and Austria. Winter-time there will be spectacular! Please call us at 352-277-7300 or email us at email@example.com for information and to complete the booking process for this wonderful trip.
Group Pricing is as follows and is based upon 2 persons per room:
8 Days and 6 Nights
40 – 50 paying passengers: $1,799 per person
30 – 39 paying passengers: $1,849 per person
20 – 29 paying passengers: $1,899 per person
Room Supplement Charges: Add $350 per person for a Single Room
A Deposit of $1400 is required at this date in order to secure your reservation. Subsequent payments will be $200 in March, June and September 2018 with the balance due 30 days prior to departure. Deposits are based upon per person. (Payment received within 30 days of departure will be subject to a $500 late fee). If the air provision is selected, the payments will be double ($400 in March, June, and September 2018).
6 Nights in tourist class hotels (based on 2/room)
All Transfers by private Luxury Motor Coach
6 Breakfasts / 6 Dinners
Silent Night Festival Mass Choir Performance and Christmas Market Feature Performances
Entrances as noted on the tour schedule including Neuschwanstein
On site tour manager with bi-lingual guides
Group Leaders are Complimentary (based on a minimum of 30 paying)
All tips, taxes and gratuities (except bus drivers and guides)
Financial security ($2,000,000 liability policy)
Travel Insurance is NOT included, but highly recommended.
Include Airline Transportation- Approximate airfare from these U.S. Cities*:
Atlanta – $1300
Chicago – $1250
Cincinnati – $1300
Columbus – $1400
Dallas – $1450
Los Angeles $1100
Minneapolis – $1100
New York City – $1100
Orlando – $1100
Philadelphia – $1250
Tulsa/Oklahoma City – $1450
Washington, DC – $1200
All air fares are estimated and inclusive of taxes and one checked bag. Subject to change based on availability. Flights from other US cities are available upon request.